Adult Residential Counselor
- Brewster, MA
What you'll be doing
- The adult residential counselor plans and provides direct services to students or individuals, which includes developing and delivering instruction, supports, and positive role modeling in the areas of life skills, community utilization, healthcare, and social and recreational activities. S/he supports individuals in their daily living skills, ensures that the house common areas are safe and clean, and prepares healthy meals. Reporting directly to the residential supervisor/manager, the counselor has direct, active, and constructive interaction with students and must maintain active cooperation with co-workers, team members, clinical staff, community members, families, and supervisors.
What your background should be
- Knowledge of DDS procedures and regulations and experience working with a special needs population preferred. S/he must have sufficient ambulatory ability to physically intervene in instances of extreme behavior that might jeopardize the safety of clients and staff and must be able to attain maps certification for medication administration. A valid Massachusetts driving license is required. Fluent English speaking and writing skills, empathy and the ability to listen, good time management skills, and professional appearance and demeanor are all required for this position.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, education, or a related field or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Provides residential care and treatment for children.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org