Adult Oncology Registered Nurse
- Las Vegas, NV
What you'll be doing
- The adult oncology registered nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The candidate assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. S/he carries out physician orders, administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs and serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. The applicant monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. Instructs and educates patients and families. Assesses and coordinates patients discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. The incumbent provides age and culturally appropriate care. Orients and mentors new staff members. This position follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- This job required minimum one year of current acute care med/surg. experience. The incumbent with current NV RN license, and current certification as a BLS healthcare provider required. The candidate must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. S/he must have the ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is a for-profit hospital operated by sunrise healthcare system and owned by the hospital corporation of America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com