- Manchester, NH
What you'll be doing
- As admissions registrar, the candidate will gather, verify and enter accurate demographic and financial data on patients registered. Pre register selective patients either by phone or from history. Obtain consents, assignment of benefits and releases. Prepare addressograph plates and id bracelets and distributes with admission forms. Provide patients with the information required by federal mandates (i.e., patient rights and responsibilities), advance care directives and important messages from medicare or champus. Copies insurance cards as required. Initiate inquiries and ensure receipt of pre certification and pre authorization for selective service and document appropriately. Inform the emergency department triage nurse of the arrival of emergency patients, as outlined in the emtala law. Enter emergency department charges (emergency department staff only). Receive and transcribe bookings and distribute booking data to appropriate area. Play an important role in revenue cycle, working closely with credit and case management to obtain all financial insurance data. Remove previous days discharge from the inpatient admissions file. Review the posted material and participate in staff meetings. Receive, log and secure valuables. Release valuables, report problems concerning release and participate in admissions quality management program. Participate in an appropriate role in disasters, fire drills, fires and other emergency situations. Practice infection control through adherence to department and hospital policies and procedures. Practice safe transport of patients.
What your background should be
- Customer service relations and office experience preferred. Cpr certification preferred. Courses in typing and computer skills and medical terminology preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a hospital & health care company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org