- Sioux Falls, SD
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for planning, organizing, evaluating, coordinating and implementing the complex administrative activities of the company care service line. Develop the strategic plan and fiscal budget for the company, summarize the operation of the program and present this information to the specialty care service line Director. Coordinate with the medical staff and administration as to policies and procedures to be implemented affecting the service line at this facility and is recognized by the medical staff as a specialist in the areas of hospital administration and policy/procedure formulation. Respond to management needs for statistical analysis, quality assessment/performance improvement, interdisciplinary issues, utilization management, risk management and hospital wide assessments. Take initiative in program planning and development, managing all service resources, assisting in personnel administration, contracting, space, budget, reviewing new and replacement equipment requests, and establishing and maintaining communication with all services related to inpatient and outpatient care within the medical center. This include the various sections and units in inpatient and outpatient surgery (Podiatry, Dental, Audiology, Gynecology, Endoscopy, Vascular, Thoracic, Plastics, General Surgery, Optometry, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Urology, Minor Surgery, ENT, Head & Neck, etc.). Develop and maintain proficiency and support administrative activities with various computer applications including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, graphic generation and desktop publishing programs. She/he is responsible for planning, fact finding, analyzing, making technical and administrative recommendations, commitments, and decisions on management problems, which have policy making implications based on statistical analysis and management efficiencies for the service. Implement performance improvement programs to ensure the quality of medical care. Provide orientation to surgical staff, patients, political figures and the public. Develop all specialty care outpatient clinic profiles and communicates with all involved parties to determine if clinic profiles are workable. Consultant to staff physicians and contract physicians in areas of productivity and efficiency. Responsible for requesting appropriate funding each fiscal year to provide current programs.
What your background should be
- Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS 09 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Applicant may substitute education for the experience required for the GS 11.
Required Schooling / Training
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M.
Who is the client company
- This is a government run benefit system and policies that providing pensions for military veteran.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org