Adjunct Microbiology Instructor
- Louisville, KY
What you'll be doing
- Prepare fully for and teach class as assigned, make good use of class time and keep all class for the scheduled period. Develop appropriate grading policy and method of student assessment to monitor and communicate academic progress. Provide full information to student regarding course syllabi, objective, text and material required for the course taught. Maintain accurate record of student attendance and academic progress. Recognize individual difference in the classroom and adapt instructional technique accordingly. Communicate early with the student and the student advisor or dean regarding possible academic failure. Assist student with academic difficulty including being available for consultation outside of class. Encourage and motivate student in a positive manner to do their best. Refer student to appropriate staff, office or resource person for information, guidance, financial assistance, placement, etc. Enforce regulation in the school catalog, student handbook and student dress guideline. Submit academic information such as course syllabi, final grade report, grade change and mid term deficiency grade on time to the appropriate person (registrar, dean, chairperson, etc.) utilize the institution reporting procedure. Continue further professional development by keeping alert to change within the field. Attend scheduled faculty, department and committee meeting and training session required by client company. Use college equipment and property appropriately and have student do the same. Report broken or damaged equipment to the student service office immediately. Abide by all accrediting council, state, federal and institutional policy and procedure, rule and law. Support student with unique ADA need and work with dean or director as needed in understanding necessary accommodation. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous teaching experience is preferred. Excellent writing and oral communication skills. Must possess excellent leadership, customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines. Ability to function efficiently in a stressful work environment. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as to move about the campus. Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, faculty and staff face to face and via the telephone.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com