- Huntsville, AL
What you'll be doing
- Assist in the development, organization, coordination and implementation of comprehensive recreation services and programs that meet the needs and interests of each resident. Resident activity assistant organizes and participates in person-specific activity programming, including one to one interventions, small group facilitation and large group presentations and assists the resident activity director as needed. Meets the problems and solve. Candidates have to work collaboratively with other disciplines. This position is as needed, temporary, and includes non-traditional evening and weekend hours. Learn and implement adaptive methods and strategies for working with all patient. In collaboration with the program manager, develop a flexible, non-traditional work schedule. Work in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner with families from diverse backgrounds. Maintain files on families and record attendance as necessary. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What your background should be
- Prefer minimum of 500 hours of experience in activity programming in any setting prior to hire. For high school/ged educated applicants, college courses must include one english course in composition, report or technical writing, and one course in areas of art/recreation programming, sciences, or management with a passing grade.capable of documenting individual participation and value of approaches in medical record. Demonstrated willingness to learn new modalities and approaches. Good listener. Builds rapport easily. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Able to work with residents/families facing end of life issues.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors in recreational therapy or occupational therapy or bachelors degree in relevant human service field, associate degree in human service field, high school diploma or GED and minimum of 6 college credits.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a healthcare services company that through its subsidiaries operates hospitals, nursing centers, home health, hospice and non-medical home care locations and a contract rehabilitation services business across the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org