Accounts Payable Clerk
- Louisville, KY
What you'll be doing
- Sort accounts payable mail prioritizing according to cash discount potential and payment terms. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, approvals, and GL codes. Process weekly check-run and prepare checks for mailing. Coordinate with software provider IT as needed. Upload check information to bank. Run daily, weekly reports and maintain report files. Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist other departments with flexible workload. Maintaining an organized work area files where other employees can locate and use customer information. Other duties as requested by the accounting manager.
What your background should be
- 2+ years of administrative support experience required. Basic understanding of the accounting process, including a basic knowledge of accounts payable and general ledger systems and procedures, including general ledger chart of accounts. Ability to use problem solving to resolve invoice and PO discrepancies. Ability to determine correct parties needed to resolve discrepancies.
Required Schooling / Training
- College courses in accounting preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company is a producer of ceramic, porcelain, stone, glass, and metal tile.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com