- Irvine, CA
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction of the accounting manager, lead the monthly/quarterly close process. Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports. Perform complex account reconciliations and analyses. Supervise preparation of financial statements, including operating statements, company balance sheets and supporting reports as required. Review journal entries and accounting classifications prepared by accounting staff and ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles and company accounting policy. Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits. Identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the timeliness and reliability of accounting and reporting processes. Provide accounting operational support to medical practices; ensure that accounting and cash handling procedures for the offices comply with internal control requirements. Manage intercompany transactions and elimination entries related to intercompany revenues. Perform and support various special projects as required from time to time.
What your background should be
- 5+ years experience in corporate accounting or financial reporting. Team lead and mentor experience required. Experience with general acceptable accounting principles. Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel Required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
Who is the client company
- This is a diversified managed health care company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org