- Philadelphia, PA
What you'll be doing
- Create and post various plant expense, freight, railcar lease expense, credit card expense, corporate SG&A expense and payroll related journal entries. Support the transportation department with monthly freight expense and leased railcar expense and liability account analysis. Support the legal department by providing financial information for various chemical industry and government mandated surveys. Support the supply chain department with a monthly inventory report for use in reconciling the inventory stored at the offsite warehouse locations. Prepare monthly reconciliations including supporting documentation for various balance sheet general ledger accounts. Responsible to prepare and analyze a monthly income statement and balance sheet for internal reporting. Responsible to prepare an income statement, balance sheet, sales report, inventory report and flux report on a quarterly and year end basis for the external auditors. Provide backup support for accounts receivable and/or accounts payable functions. Monitor the month end closing process to ensure the daily transactions are being completed by the accounting, plant production and corporate support departments.
What your background should be
- Five or more years of experience in an industrial accounting work environment. Experienced with the SAP FI module journal entry and reporting transactions. Knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements. Willing to work additional hours during the month end and year end closing process. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel especially experienced with pivot tables and look up functions. Ability to effectively work in a team environment and yet work independently on multiple tasks. Ability to work in a dynamic, international fast paced environment. Have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor of science in business administration with a major in accounting preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest petrochemical companies in Latin America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com