Account Manager (Retail Systems)
- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- The account manager will manage relationships with multiple clients in key business segments, including apparel, grocery, office supplies, and general merchandising. The candidate will work across all levels, and functions within the organization and will work with several partners, including retailer marketing strategy, replenishment, merchant, consumer insights, and business intelligence teams. The incumbent will ensure overall client satisfaction with service, actionable insights, data application, and deliverables by managing relationships at the retailer and leveraging all available resources to build a reputation for excellent service and positive referrals. Evaluate how client products and services can address the retailer key business issues. S/he will provide project leadership for the client major initiatives. This could include supporting presales evaluations, helping to define quantifiable expectations for implementations or ensuring successful service delivery by serving as primary contact or project manager. The applicant will manage cross-functional project teams and proactively communicate customer and project information within the account team including sales, product management, implementation, and technical support. This position will ensure that successful projects continue beyond implementation to solution adoption and ongoing customer satisfaction. This role will maintain high-level functional knowledge of the entire products and services.
What your background should be
- The candidate with 5+ years of experience in a client development capacity for a retailer or CPG business development experience would be beneficial to the role. S/he should have the ability to manage client expectations and to deal with difficult internal and external issues, solid presentation skills to large groups, communicate effectively with all levels and strong organizational and project management skills. The applicant should be a very strong technology user and expertise in all ms office products (excel, power point, and word).
Required Schooling / Training
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
Who is the client company
- This is a privately held, Dallas-based company and leading provider of the end-user enablement, service experience management, and cloud technology services to fortune 1000 companies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org