- Oxford, MS
What you'll be doing
- Identifies and resolves accessibility barriers to provide accessible instructional material and websites. Supports real-time and post-production captioning services to provide accessibility. Evaluates the accessibility of instructional technology devices and software, such as clickers. Conducts accessibility testing against WCAG 2.0 (A, AA) success criteria and federal requirements. Develops training materials and presents seminars to educate instructors on accessibility solutions to provide instructional content in the most accessible formats. Contributes informative how-to articles to university communication mediums to educate faculty and staff about available tools, information, and resources to resolve technical accessibility barriers. Assists the um webmaster in monitoring and promoting accessibility standards of campus websites. Follows accessibility related standards and laws, including WCAG, ADA section 508 and WAI-aria. Develops reports to monitor and assess university or departmental accessibility efforts. Builds departmental support for accessibility advocacy through presentations and consultations on accessibility-related topics. Attends annual conferences related to accessibility initiatives to stay abreast of current accessibility best practices. Participates with committees, departments and professional web accessibility forums or groups to address accessibility needs. Performs other related or similar duties as required or assigned.
What your background should be
- One year of experience related to the above described duties. Related education and related experience may be substituted on a basis set forth by the department of human resources.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university (e.g., education, information technology, engineering, business).
Who is the client company
- This is a public, coeducational research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com